Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Is it Fall Already?



This is what I had for lunch today, along with a grilled cheese sandwich. Talk about my idea of a rainy day meal. I started the day braving the cooler weather by going to the park to meet up with some ladies in the ward. We had a fun time chatting and enjoying some fresh air. The wind was chilly and Grace had to wear more clothes than she has worn since May, but I am still glad that I went because the ladies in my ward are so fun and sweet.

I have been working on a project to organize all of my recipes, so that I can put them all into a cute box of some sort. My dad laughed a little at me when I told him my current project, but hey there is only so much I can think of to keep me busy! Speaking of staying busy, we had a lesson in relief society about finding our mission in life. Half the ladies in the room were crying as we all thought about our place in life, what makes us happy and how we can find our mission. It was a good lesson and it made me think a lot about this new chapter of my life. We watched a talk from BYU Women's Conference by Wendy Watson Nelson and it was awesome, if you have time I recommend watching some it, here is the link:
http://www.byub.org/findatalk/details.asp?ID=5681


Today I am also remembering the yummy Jimmy Johns sandwiches I ate with Jodi and Paige yesterday. Yummy. Seriously if you have never eaten there, head to Lehi or Fort Union and there you can enjoy some of the very best sandwiches ever.

Like I have mentioned before, I am strangely looking forward to Autumn this year. I am already thinking about Halloween costumes, Honey Baked Ham and going to Spokane for Christmas. Oh yes and cozy sweaters, I like those too :)

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I love Fall. But thankfully I'm still enjoying the heat here in AZ. I have no other choice.

I also LOVE the pic of grace and you. She has such a big smile!

Sarah said...

One more thing.. Cody just walked in to see the cute pic of Grace and totally thinks she looks just like Dave. Sorry Grace.

briana said...

i had soup today too! i love rainy days every now and then! also loving the chill in the air. the pic of you and grace is adorable. she is growing up so fast! and jimmy johns is so cheap and yummy i will agree!

melanie33 said...

you and your halloween costumes...lol. what will you guys be this year? Will Grace have to match?

Jen said...

Mmm, we just had toast and hot chocolate with eggs for breakfast. Elton taught me to dip the toast in the chocolate and mmm! that's good! and perfect for a fall-feeling day. I have to hold myself back from putting up the fall decorations since it will probably get warm again and then they'd look silly! :)

Jon and Maryanne said...

CUTE CUTE PICTURE!!!!

chelsea mckell said...

oh ditto, ditto! Im so excited for Fall. Except for having to put more clothes on the babe. Thats annoying. And Christmas in Spokane! Yay!
Super cute pic of you two!!

Macdonalds said...

I need to try Jimmy Johns one of these days. We should do lunch! That's a great picture of you and Grace.

GrammieSal said...

That is the cutest picture of you and Grace! She is smiling so big.
What a happy girl.

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to winter in Florida. I hear it is perfect weather. Cool in the morning, perfect in the afternoon. After last winter I don't think I will miss the snow. I am sure I will be ready for cooler weather after this winter. Super cute picture of You and Grace.